Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

After a suggestion (Thanks Monique!) that I try coconut oil in my homemade deodorant recipe, I started mixing it up today.
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 tbsp of Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil (The Virgin Coconut oil is what smells like yummy coconuts. This one doesn’t smell.)
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tbsp baking soda
5 drops vitamin E (for moisturizing purposes)
3 drops essential oil (for smell)
I heated my coconut oil in the microwave because the liquid is easier to mix than the solid. I combined the ingredients in a pyrex measurement cup and stirred it well until blended.
Use your finger to apply.
As the coconut oil dries, it becomes thick and solid. I added Aura Cacia essential oil to my deodorant because it is my favorite. Baby food jars/containers are the perfect container to reuse for this as well. I have to admit that I like this recipe MUCH better than my former petro jelly version! It’s cheaper than buying store bought deodorant as I can make about 7 containers with just 1 jar of coconut oil!
This would make a great homemade Christmas gift!
Please respect that this recipe is intended for personal use and not for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment